We love adding The Savories directly to jasmine rice when cooking it. Not only does it lend a beautiful yellow color, but it adds an incredible depth of flavor. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 tbsp The Savories
- 1 tbsp butter
- pinch of salt
- rice vinegar
- Rinse rice with cold water.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1.5 cups of broth with 1 cup rice, 1tbsp of The Savories, a pinch of salt, and a tbsp of butter or olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Turn on high heat and bring to a boil.
- As soon as it reaches a boil, stir, reduce heat to low, and cover.
- Cook covered for 10-15 minutes, until the broth is fully absorbed. Try not to open the top too much to check, as it allows valuable steam out!
- Turn off the heat, keeping the top on. Allow to steam for 10 min. — Alternatively, you can do this by putting the rice in a bowl and covering it tightly with plastic wrap.
- Season the rice with a few tablespoons of rice vinegar right before serving.