Ground beef is a staple in our freezers. It's versatile, nutritious, and delicious. Here we hit it with our favorite combo of both The Chiles and The Savories. We finish it with a bit of reduced beef bone broth to really take it to the next level. This is great in tacos, on rice bowls, or just served on its own!
- 1lb ground beef (we love Force of Nature)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of beef broth (we love Kettle and Fire)
- The Savories
- The Chiles
- olive oil
- Salt your ground beef generously, mixing to get an even distribution.
- Heat a few tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large cast iron skillet.
- Add beef to a the hot skillet, pressing to distribute across the skillet. Add a bit more salt and cook.
- After a couple of minutes, season with 1tbsp each of The Savories and The Chiles.
- Once the meat is browned and mostly cooked through, use a slotted spoon to transfer it to a plate. (about 5 min)
- Turn heat to medium, add a bit more olive oil, and add in your onion. Cook until slightly translucent (about 3 min)
- Add in garlic and cook for about 1 min.
- Pour in 1/3 cup beef broth and stir to deglaze the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes until the broth reduces slightly.
- Add your ground beef back into the pan, and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Salt to taste, and serve.