We try to fit some greens, whether raw or cooked, into just about every meal. These savory cooked greens are super easy as a weeknight side dish. They come together quickly and make the perfect complement to rice, meats, and roasted vegetables.
- several large bunches of hearty greens (kale, chard, spinach, etc)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- soy sauce
- The Savories
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Add in sliced onion and cook until translucent. Season with a hefty shake of The Savories and a pinch of salt.
- Add in garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the greens to the pan and cook until slightly wilted. Season with another large shake of The Savories and salt to taste.
- Add in a splash of soy sauce (1-2 tsp or so) and stir.
- Cook for a few more minutes, seasoning and salting until you reach your desired level of flavor.