One of the best things about our spice blends is that they can be used for far more than just seasoning food. This herb sauce is a perfect example of that, and it's one of our favorite ways to put The Herbs to use.
Loosely inspired by a chimichurri, this sauce is perfect for grilled meats, seafood, roasted root vegetables, or just spread on toast. We like to let it sit for an hour or more after we make it to really let the flavors absorb, but you can definitely eat it right away if you're in a rush!
Don't worry if you need to substitute a different type of oil or vinegar. Play around with various combinations and find the right ratios to suit your taste!
- 1/2 jar of The Herbs
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- olive oil
- lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- Put The Herbs, garlic, and a small pinch of salt together in a bowl.
- Squeeze in the juice from 1/2 of a lemon, or add a tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Add enough olive oil to reach your desired consistency, then add more salt, if needed, to taste. If you like prefer more acidity, add in a splash more lemon juice or vinegar!
- For best results, allow the salsa to sit for an hour or more for all of the flavors to meld and be absorbed.