We love combining our blends to make something extra special. The double dose of The Savories and The Chiles, mixed with a bit of salt, works magic on any kind of chicken.
We love making this chicken on our Traeger. The smoke flavor of the wood is incomparable, but these work great on any type of grill.
Alternatively, you can cook these chicken thighs in a cast iron skillet if you don't have easy access to a grill. Follow the same prep recipe, but sear them skin-side-down in a bit of oil over medium-high heat. Flip them over, and then place the entire skillet in a 375°F oven until the chicken is cooked through.
- Pre-heat a grill to medium-high heat, but leave some space on the grill for indirect heat. If using a gas grill, leave a burner off. If using charcoal, leave an area with no coals underneath.
- Pat dry the chicken thighs, and season them heavily with salt on both sides.
- Season the chicken with both The Chiles and The Savories. Coat both sides generously with each blend (don't be shy!)
- Drizzle the chicken thighs with a bit of olive oil to help prevent sticking on the grill.
- Grill the chicken thighs skin-side-down over the hot part of the grill until slightly browned and crispy.
- Flip the thighs over, then cook until the other side is slightly browned.
- Allow the chicken thighs to rest on the low-heat part of the grill for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, return them to the high heat, turning often, and only keeping them there for a couple minutes.
- Repeat this process until the thighs are cooked through (internal temp of 170-175°F)
- Serve with lots of lime juice, fresh tortillas, pickled red onions, fresh herbs, and salsa. Enjoy!